RE: [digitalvoice] Digest for digitalvoice@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

David Grove

Jun 25, 2021, 12:36:09 AMJun 25
to digita...@googlegroups.com

Hi Viktor

I’ve successfully tested FreeDV (I can’t remember which mode) on 6m FM on an IC7000 connected to a PC interface. That was without using a Hamlib set up.

Two-way transmissions were successful over a ~20 Km path to VK2ZIW. From memory we, initially tried to communicate with FreeDV on 6m SSB but the noise was too high (we’re both on noisy suburban blocks). However, FM cut-through just fine.

You should be able to receive the characteristic tones of FreeDV on a receiver tuned to your FM transmission

Regards

David Grove – VK2DWG

Jun 25, 2021, 2:37:45 AMJun 25
to digitalvoice
Hi Dave

Thanks for share your experience. Maybe I should review any setting but as you said FreeDV tones are heard in a simple FM walky to test when I transmit in SSB modes (DIG, PKT, USB) but in FM is hardly heard or no heard. It could be a dumb question but I want to check is all OK.

Thanks, 73