Call for Papers - ARRL/TAPR DCC (Digital Communications Conference), Charlotte, NC, September 16 - 18

WB9QZB

Aug 25, 2022, 1:41:42 PM8/25/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com

40th Anniversary ARRL/TAPR DCC
ARRL-TAPR DCC 2022 Flyer.pdf

Al Beard

Aug 25, 2022, 5:12:05 PM8/25/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Do we have a writer here who can talk on the HF digital project here in NSW, Australia
providing remote area comms to, at first, the country Ambulance service?
(vehicles big enough to have a HF whip)

At out CCARC hamvention, a Codan rep. did a terrific talk on adaptive HF comms
where the transceiver is constantly monitoring HF conditions, determining the
best frequency to use.

Equip the country ambulance stations all over the state with multi-band receivers,
listening, all the time and the central HQ system determining which station to transmit
back from.

So, the question is, how many stations would make a useful system?

In NSW, as far as I know, there are at least fifty ambulance stations, now equipped.

Check the WIA repeater data and we have more than that, 2m repeaters and their
coverage is still patchy.

All this is possible with DIGITAL.

We have fires and floods here that disrupt cell-phone and VHF/UHF comms
but with HF station systems 500+ Km away, plenty of them are well out of the
disaster area, still operating.

Keep smiling guys.

Alan VK2ZIW

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 17:41:32 +0000 (UTC), 'WB9QZB' via digitalvoice wrote

Call for Papers: 2022 Digital Communications Conference [UTF-8?]– TAPR

> --

Alan VK2ZIW
Before the Big Bang, God, Sela.
OpenWebMail 2.53, nothing in the cloud.