FreeDV 1.8.4 devel hamlib error

JH0PCF kanda

Sep 6, 2022, 6:03:28 AMSep 6
to digitalvoice
fdv184.jpg

always support me
Thank you.

This is Kanda from JH0PCF.

From a friend trying FreeDV 1.8.4-devel
Since there was a report of an error in Hamlib
I am attaching the image.
The radio is an error message with ICOM IC7610.

JH0PCF kanda

Sep 6, 2022, 6:12:12 AMSep 6
to digitalvoice
postscript
Since hamlib of release 1.8.3.1 has an error, I attach a screen snap. It doesn't occur in 1.8.0.
hamlib for release 1.8.3.1 also has an image of the error
Attach. fdv831_1.jpgfdv831_1.jpg

2022年9月6日火曜日 19:03:28 UTC+9 JH0PCF kanda:

Brian Morrison

Sep 6, 2022, 11:04:07 AMSep 6
to digita...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 6 Sep 2022 03:03:28 -0700 (PDT)
JH0PCF kanda <hirk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From a friend trying FreeDV 1.8.4-devel
> Since there was a report of an error in Hamlib

Do you know which version of hamlib is in use?

You can obtain a daily update of hamlib from Sourceforge here:

http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/

this is built using the current git version for that day.

If your friend downloads the 64 bit dll and overwrites the copy already
on the system (named libhamlib-4.dll) assuming he has a version 4.x
hamlib then it might fix this.

Please let us know, or report the problem to the hamlib developers.

--

Brian G8SEZ

Mooneer Salem

Sep 6, 2022, 1:12:53 PMSep 6
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kanda,

Would it be possible to try using FreeDV directly with the IC-7610 instead of through wfview? That will rule out any issues with the latter.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Mooneer Salem

Sep 6, 2022, 3:27:49 PMSep 6
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Another thing to check: make sure the radio is still set to the 7610 in the PTT options. Hamlib significantly updated between 1.8.0 and 1.8.4 so FreeDV may have selected another radio instead. Future releases shouldn't have that problem, though.

-Mooneer K6AQ