CFP: Reading Writing Interfaces: Electronic Literature and the “Interface-free” (MLA 2012)

Lori Emerson

Jan 15, 2011, 8:26:49 PM1/15/11
to digita...@googlegroups.com, Jason Nelson, davin heckman
Dear all, I know it's early but I would be grateful if readers would either submit an abstract or pass this MLA CFP on to any e-literature scholars/writers you think might be interested.

Reading Writing Interfaces: Electronic Literature and the “Interface-free”
2012 Modern Language Association Conference in Seattle (Jan. 5-8)

Send 300 word abstracts and a brief bio. by 15 March 2011 to Lori Emerson (lori dot emerson at colorado dot edu)

Given that, as Lisa Gitelman puts it, “media represent and delimit representing,” this special session seeks papers on how electronic literature creates, responds to, or reworks reading/writing interfaces; papers may also explore the relationship between electronic literature and the recent turn to the “interface-free.”

my best, Lori Emerson

--
Lori Emerson
Assistant Professor | Electropoetics Thread Editor, Electronic Book Review

Marjorie Luesebrink

Mar 6, 2011, 1:41:23 PM3/6/11
to digita...@googlegroups.com, stephanie....@gm.slc.edu
Dear Lori -

Hope this message finds you well and getting some relief from the snow!
I am sorry to be so late about this – but thank you for sending this call!  Stephanie Strickland and I would be interested in joining the
panel if you have not filled it yet.  We are thinking of doing presentations on the Electronic Literature Collection 2 – showing and talking about some of the works.  One question that we have is regarding the term “interface-free” – we are not familiar with this; could you explain a little more about this kind of non-interface?

Always, Margie Luesebrink