{Digital Poetry} new books on elit

toma...@fk615.uni-siegen.de

May 11, 2010, 10:52:00 AM5/11/10
to Digital Poetry
Dear folks,

read them, write about them, circulate the texts in your classes or
simply spread the word. Below, I am posting the announcement for two
brand new releases that might interest you:

Literature in computer-based and networked media does not only
transform literary structures, interfaces, and genres – as a teaching-
subject, it also re-configures curricular frameworks.

Peter Gendolla and Jörgen Schäfer (University of Siegen, Germany) for
the past years continuously have examined the transformations in
literary communication in numerous books and articles as well as
lectures and classes.

They now have edited two new books, which present various
contributions from distinguished international scholars in literary
studies, media theory and computer sciences (Transcript, Germany,
distributed in the U.S. by Transaction Publishers):

"Beyond the Screen. Transformations of Literary Structures, Interfaces
and Genres" (Jörgen Schäfer, Peter Gendolla, eds.)

http://www.transcript-verlag.de/ts1258/ts1258.php

and – in collaboration with Roberto Simanowski –

"Reading Moving Letters. Digital Literature in Research and Teaching.
A Handbook" (Roberto Simanowski, Jörgen Schäfer, Peter Gendolla, eds.)

http://www.transcript-verlag.de/ts1130/ts1130.php

If you are interested in writing a review, please let me know!

Cheers,
Patricia

www.litnet.uni-siegen.de