collections and content partners

Sarah Wheaton

Jul 27, 2017, 8:15:18 PM7/27/17
to DigitalNZ
Hi all

Is there any way of getting a current list of valid content partners and collections to search on?
I've found this page: http://www.digitalnz.org/partners/current-content-contributors, but the names given don't always map to valid search terms e.g. Forest & Bird needs to be Forest+and+Bird, and BRANZ doesn't return anything at all.

Cheers
Sarah

Digital New Zealand

Jul 27, 2017, 9:02:50 PM7/27/17
to DigitalNZ
Hi Sarah,

To get the latest listing you can use the API's faceting feature.
https://api.digitalnz.org/v3/records.json?api_key=<your_api_key>&&per_page=0&facets_per_page=350&facets=content_partner,display_collection
(and you can find your api_key here https://www.digitalnz.org/api_keys)

Let me know if you're having any other issues or if you aren't able to get your hands on an API key (you just need to sign up first).

Thanks
Dan

Sarah Wheaton

Jul 27, 2017, 9:45:17 PM7/27/17
to DigitalNZ
That's exactly what I need. Thanks!

Digital New Zealand

Jul 27, 2017, 10:17:48 PM7/27/17
to DigitalNZ
Great!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Also FYI we are have a few problems with our API going up and down today. Apologies for any inconvenience, I hope its not causing too much trouble for you.
We are working on it. But for now if you do notice the API not responding, give it a few minutes and try again.

Good luck.
Dan

Sarah Wheaton

Jul 27, 2017, 11:12:36 PM7/27/17
to DigitalNZ
I had noticed, yes, but it was a good excuse to go to lunch at the time. :)

I do have another question - is there a way of selecting for fields that are not null - e.g. return entries from Papers Past where fulltext is not null.

Cheers
Sarah

Digital New Zealand

Jul 27, 2017, 11:34:39 PM7/27/17
to DigitalNZ

Hi Sarah

Try adding something like this to your API call's
&without[subject]=nil

Note: for fulltext (on papers past) its slightly different as that's a special field.
&and%5Bdisplay_collection%5D=Papers+Past&text=-fulltext_text:nil

Also, BRANZ is now available :) thanks for bringing it to our attention.
http://api.digitalnz.org/v3/records.json?api_key=<your_api_key>&and[content_partner]=BRANZ

Cheers
Dan

Sarah Wheaton

Jul 30, 2017, 5:04:57 PM7/30/17
to DigitalNZ
That works, thanks very much for your help.

Is there a more extensive set of documentation anywhere that you can point me to for this stuff (I've found this one: http://digitalnz.org/developers/api-docs-v3/search-records-api-v3 ), so I don't have to bug you every time.

Cheers
Sarah (Who is amused that there is a "Weevils of New Zealand" collection)