Tag always return no data

olivi...@forthi.com

Jan 7, 2018, 2:44:47 PM1/7/18
to DigitalNZ

Hi,

I'm currently using the following API to make the request,

but the response getting for the "tag" count is always zero, any idea where can I get the exact information for the tag value.

Thanks for any reply.

Cheers,

Olivia

dan.c...@dia.govt.nz

Jan 7, 2018, 3:11:09 PM1/7/18
to DigitalNZ
Hi Olivia,

The 'tag' field is normally only used for behind the scenes DigitalNZ purposes to help with the harvesting process or grouping collections. I don't think it will contain much content related metadata, but if it does it should show up naturally with your API call. You can confirm this by adding "&and[tag]=CEISMIC" to your API call to see some records that do have that field populated.
http://api.digitalnz.org/v3/records.json?api_key={0}&text={1}&and[tag]=CEISMIC

There is a more general 'subject' field that might be more what you are after. To see that you currently need to add "&fields=verbose,subject" to your API call, and then a "&and[subject]=policy" can be used to narrow in on some records that have metadata in that field.
http://api.digitalnz.org/v3/records.json?api_key={0}&text={1}&and[subject]=policy&fields=verbose,subject

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Dan