Shape the Future of the Internet Meeting This Saturday @11am @UofO

1 view

Glyn Lewis

Mar 24, 2011, 1:27:45 PM3/24/11
to digitalactio...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ottawa,

We're hosting a discussion with Steve Anderson, founder of OpenMedia.ca, the force behind the groundbreaking Stop The Meter campaign this Saturday at 11am @ University Centre Université (UCU) Couch Lounge - Jock Turcot Building the University of Ottawa. Tell us your story, learn more about making Internet access affordable, and help strategize the next steps in advancing and supporting an open media system in Canada.

The CRTC hosted a roundtable discussion with representatives from Big Telecom and the Federal Gov
ernment in Ottawa. With your help, we pushed them, and they let Steve attend. The meeting involved a discussion about the future of telecom-broadcast policy in Canada.

Join us for a post-event discussion with Steve, share information with us, and help us plan the next steps of our campaign.

Meeting Agenda:

1) Introductions.
2. Stop The Meter campaign update. Where we are now. Role of the CRTC.
2) Update from Steve.
3) Discussion on the CRTC roundtable meeting.
4) Next Steps: Brainstorming. Federal election strategy. OpenMedia.ca Net Neutrality Report. CRTC public submissions.
5) Action items.
6) Adjourn.

Hope you can join us this Saturday

For the Internet,

--
Glyn Lewis

Digital Action Coordinator, OpenMedia.ca

University Centre Universite Couch Lounge.jpg