Re: Fall of the .gov

Steve Anderson

Mar 25, 2011, 11:06:31 AM3/25/11
to digitalactio...@googlegroups.com
yes, the CRTC must follow the process it has laid out - this includes the public submission period, July hearing etc... the election will not change this process.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Ryan Gard <ryan...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, at the risk of asking a stupid question, when/if the government falls, is there anything to stop the CRTC from ramming through Usage Based Billing as it stands right now?

Ananth Raghuraman

Mar 25, 2011, 11:10:21 AM3/25/11
to digitalactio...@googlegroups.com, Steve Anderson
CRTC may not ram it through and indeed could follow the procedure but then it may not have a government that cares enough to oppose its decision after the election.

Glyn Lewis

Mar 25, 2011, 11:14:40 AM3/25/11
to digitalactio...@googlegroups.com, digitalactio...@googlegroups.com
Interesting question. I think it would be unprecedented for something like that to pass while the Parties are out campaigning.

With that said, OpenMedia is developing a Federal election strategy to help make open media an election issue.

We'll be discussing more this Saturday at 11am at the University of Ottawa, University Centre Jock Turcot building.

Steve Anderson will be there to update us on the big CRTC roundtable and to kick-start a discussion about upcoming action-oriented initiatives.

The meeting, unlike the CRTC roundtable, is open to the general public :)

Glyn

Message has been deleted