This Friday: Street Team Petition Drive - Park Royal !

awna

Oct 8, 2012, 12:37:07 PM10/8/12
to digitalactio...@googlegroups.com
Hi DAT Calgary!
It's time to invite you all out to the West Van's Street Team's upcoming petition drive, set for Fri Oct 12 at 4pm.

Whether you're in and around or have ties to the Vancouver area, or not, Street Teams (including our Calgary group -check out https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/169042619897054/?fref=ts) are growing and our outreach ideas are brimming!

As per our mission, we will be engaging with and informing locals in the Park Royal Mall area about Bill C-30 and Lawful Access. While petitioning, we'll be asking for signatures, reaching out to passersby, and also letting all know about ways to get further involved with OpenMedia.ca (hint: let them know what we as Street Teams do)!

Also, we're very lucky to have Ben from the Dogwood Initiative coming along to provide useful tips and additional training regarding efficient outreach strategies. This is truly an opportunity not to be missed.

We're aiming to get a few productive hours in (should wrap up by 7-8 at the latest) ...and to make a mark in West Van than will continue growing!

For those of you looking for help in getting to Park Royal Shopping Centre, some of us will be taking the bus together. Meet at 2:45pm at Stadium Skytrain station.

And, as always, send me any questions that you may have here:
aw...@openmedia.ca or 778 773 3851.

I hope you all can make it, even if for only a portion of the event! This is a great chance, specifically for those who have yet to experience Street Teams in action, to get acquainted with our mission and tactics, and to see how else you'd like to get involved.
And, if you have other commitments or won't be near us at the time, please take a minute to pass on this event to those in your networks!
Thanks for your ongoing enthusiasm,
Awna
Awna Besan
OpenMedia.ca Street Team Coordinator