OpenMedia.ca Calgary Digital Action Team - Update and Thanks

awna

Oct 15, 2012, 8:34:45 PM10/15/12
to digitalactio...@googlegroups.com
Hello OpenMedia.ca DAT members,
Further to my e-mail last week, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued support. It was over a year ago that we reached out to you at the time of our StopTheMeter.ca campaign - likely you signed on to this e-mail list during the StopTheMeter day of action, as so now receive occasional info briefs and updates from our wider team regarding outreach opportunities and ways for you to get involved.
Our DAT (or Digital Action Team), of which you are a part, is a way for OpenMedia.ca supporters to take initiative, get creative, and host their own media-focused events and actions in support of OpenMedia.ca campaigns. Since you joined us, we've been busily working on the continued threat of big telecom making our internet more expensive as well as parallel threats like proposed Bill C-30 (Online Spying Bill).
As always, we welcome ways to get even more active locally in Vancouver - and so will continue e-mailing you in the coming weeks and months with opportunities!
Best,
Awna
Awna Besan
OpenMedia.ca Street Team Coordinator
If you would like to get off this action email list at any time, please email aw...@openmedia.ca

Message has been deleted

awna

Oct 15, 2012, 9:50:41 PM10/15/12
to digitalactio...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

My apologies- I mistakenly labeled you as part of the Vancouver Street Teams in my previous message.

Calgary has its very own growing Street Team that you can learn more about here:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/169042619897054/ .

Thanks,
Awna