1st International Conference on Mobile Communication Technology For Development

1 view

Bimal Shah

Jul 6, 2008, 6:09:47 AM7/6/08
to digitalac...@googlegroups.com

1st International Conference on "M4D":

Mobile communication technology For Development

11-12 December, 2008, Centre for HumanIT

Karlstad University, Karlstad, Sweden

http://m4d.humanit.org/

We strive to have an event where all types of actors are included. There will be a research stream with a traditional conference design and a practitioner's stream where industry, NGOs, and public bodies can disseminate their knowledge. For each of these two major focuses there will be an internationally renowned keynote speaker.

For each focus we invite contributions to "poster" sessions (including any kind of demonstration) to make it easy for smaller companies and other organizations to put on display their activities even if they have no material for regular conference presentations. It also makes it possible for graduate students to make presentations of work in progress at the scientific part of the conference.

We welcome presentations within all "m" areas: m-government, m-health, m-banking, m-policy, etc. All are relevant to M4D. While the "m" in this context often implies low tech it is also noteworthy that wireless connections have promises for the development of broadband networks: there will be a special workshop on "Wireless Broadband Networks for developing regions".

Deadline for submission is 31st of October. We will review proposals continuously to be able to provide early feedback to people who need Letters of Invitation for their visas to get to Sweden; see further under Participation.

Welcome to Sweden in December!

 http://m4d.humanit.org/

John Sören Pettersson
Gudrun Wicander
Christian Christensen
Prof. in Information Systems Coordinator IPIDDirector Centre for HumanIT