UTSC Library & Love Data Week

Say B

Feb 15, 2022, 12:54:18 PM2/15/22
to digital-ta...@googlegroups.com

Hello from the UTSC Library!

This week we’d like to celebrate Love Data Week with you! Love Data Week will take place from February 14th-18th and is meant to showcase all the different ways data is used in research. This year, we’ll be highlighting a few of ourdata initiatives in Tamil Digital Studies

The first initiative we’d like to share with you is the Open Tamil Data Catalogue. This catalogue is meant to increase awareness and access to open-source datasets available in the Tamil language for computing or research needs. The second initiative is the Tamil Common Voice project. Started by Mozilla through their Common Voice project, this is a community driven initiative to record and validate Tamil language voice datasets to help improve speech recognition technology.

The UTSC Library supports these projects, and many more, to make data accessible for everyone.We’d like to welcome your participation through contributions to the Open Tamil Data Catalogue or with your voice in the Tamil Common Voice project. To find out more information on how you can participate, check out the UTSC Library’s Instagram and Twitter posts this week.

We look forward to celebrating Data with you!