FW: 2023 Queer Tamil PRIDE Exhibition CFP

Kirsta Stapelfeldt

Jan 24, 2023, 7:39:29 AM1/24/23
to digital-ta...@googlegroups.com

Please see attached PDF for additional details:

QTC is seeking artwork proposals for the 2023 QUEER TAMIL PRIDE EXHIBITION

Exhibition themes:

  • ●  PROUD Queer and Tamil
  • ●  2023 is the 40-year anniversary of Black July, the Anti- Tamil Ethnic Pogrom of 1983

PROUD Queer and Tamil
Artist are invited to explore questions that include: what does it mean to be Queer and Tamil? How does the Queer body deal with homophobia in the Tamil community and racism in the mainstream LGBTIQ+ community? How does it feel to be policed by heteronormative patriarchal values and norms within our communities?
How do we as Queer Tamils challenge oppressions of race, caste, class, gender, religion, skin colour, regionalism and nationalism? What are the Joys and Challenges that empower and propel PROUD Queer Tamils?

2023 QTCPRIDE Exhibition (ஊர் Ur).doc.pdf