SAA Dataverse office hour February 14 11 am CT

emily.l...@unlv.edu

Feb 1, 2024, 2:04:35 PMFeb 1
to Digital Library Assessment

You're invited to join the Society of American Archivists Committee on Research, Data, and Assessment (CORDA) for our 2024 Office Hours series! (You do not have to be an SAA member.) These office hours will be held virtually and provide both information around topics and time for questions. Office Hours are semi-structured, informal convening of research-minded archivists to talk shop, ask questions, learn, share, and grow. Each session is devoted to a different topic and will be held quarterly. Bring your enthusiasm, questions, and ideas!

Please note: presentations will be recorded (not discussion portion) and will be shared with registered participants after the event.

2024 Office Hour Sessions

Title: Sharing and Reusing Data About Archives

Date: February 14, 2024, 11 am CT

Session Description: CORDA will give a brief overview of the SAA Dataverse for anyone interested in using datasets, or depositing their own data. Topics will include:

  • What kind of data you can find and/or deposit there

  • How to access and use datasets

  • How to plan for deposit when designing your research project (including consent forms)

  • How to prepare your data for deposit

CORDA members will be available to answer questions, and breakout rooms will be available for one-on-one consultations.

RSVPhttps://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMpdu-tqDguE9w4KPt-pIKwkgCh3FKOeiPb

Title: Research Forum 2024 Q&A

Date: April 2, 2024, 12 pm CT

Session Description: Interested in the 2024 SAA Research Forum? Bring your questions for CORDA's Research Forum Committee.  We will be happy to discuss abstract submissions, changes to the Research Forum since last year, or anything else that is on your mind.  We look forward to seeing you then!  If you cannot attend the office hour, we invite you to email us with your questions at resear...@archivists.org.

RSVP: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwod-CrqT4uE92CypxS6WbLjF04Yer8vKdS

Title: Data, Deposits, and the SAA Dataverse

Date: September 2024

Session Description: Planning a research project? Interested in sharing data you've gathered in the past? Or maybe just feeling inspired by all the work you saw over the summer at SAA's Research Forum and Annual Meeting? Come join CORDA for an overview of the SAA Dataverse, a growing repository of archival data. Discover what datasets are available for reuse and learn how you can contribute your own data, including best ways to prepare your data for deposit. Members of CORDA's Repository Team will be available to answer questions as well as provide one-on-one consultations.

Title: Resources for Starting Your Research Project

Date: November 2024

Session Description: Is there a research area that you're passionate about but don't quite know how to get started? The CORDA Resources Team will share where to find information to help you begin planning your research project. We will also be available to answer questions about finding resources specific to your project.