Call for participation in the AIG User Experience working group, part of DLF Assessment Interest Group

Jess Spencer Waggoner

Mar 7, 2023, 12:51:35 PM3/7/23
to digital-libra...@googlegroups.com

This email is an invitation to participate in the DLF Assessment Interest Group’s (DLF AIG) working group on User Experience in 2023. There is more information about the group below, but first, a few words about participating in DLF AIG.

The only requirement for participation in a DLF AIG working group is a willingness to dig in and devote a small part of your time contributing to the tools, methods, and body of knowledge on digital library assessment. Attendance at the DLF forum is not a requirement for participation in any of the working groups. Additionally, if your institution is not a DLF member, you can still participate.

User Experience in 2023

This group serves as a community of practice for practitioners in the areas of user experience, user research, user interface design, and similar work. We also engage in collaborative projects that aim to provide guidance to digital libraries in the areas of usability, user behavior, user research methodologies, and user experience design.

User Experience Goals for 2023

  • Engage in our collaborative group project: Methods for research projects that span both physical and digital space
  • Make space for members to share both completed and in-progress projects

How can you participate?

  • Contribute to our collaborative group project - we have just begun this work, join us in shaping this project!

  • Attend monthly meetings to share your own projects or learn more about the work of other members

  • Contact Jess Waggoner at jspe...@ucsc.edu to join this group or for any questions

For questions about the larger DLF Assessment Interest Group, contact the DLF AIG co-leaders, Kate Flynn k...@chicagocollections.org and Santi Thompson satho...@uh.edu

Thank you for participating in the DLF AIG!

Thank you!

Jess Waggoner, Facilitator for the AIG User Experience Working Group

--
Jess Waggoner, MA Ed, MLIS  |  she/her/hers
User Experience Librarian