Call for presenter: Using GitHub

Holly Deakyne

Jan 13, 2023, 2:51:01 PM1/13/23
to Digital Curation
The Society of American Archivists Manuscripts Repositories Section is looking for speakers interested in presenting during this Spring’s Lunch & Learn sessions. The sessions will be approximately one hour and include presentation and time for discussion and questions.

The Section will be hosting a Lunch and Learn event this spring to instruct novices on how to use GitHub, and we are seeking an instructor!

Do you frequently use GitHub to access open source software to support archival work? Could you explain this to people who do not know the first thing about acquiring and setting up software from GitHub? If this sounds like something you want to do, we would love to hear from you!

We are looking for a presenter to share their knowledge in a virtual presentation. We have planned an hour for the presentation, but please let us know how much time you think you would need. If you are interested, please contact Holly Deakyne at hdea...@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Feel free to email ahead of time with any questions before committing!