Full-Stack Software Engineer -- Civic Nation

Anita Ebersole

Aug 23, 2021, 9:44:22 PM8/23/21
to Digital Curation

Title: Full-Stack Software Engineer

Department: Data & Analytics

Reports to: Chief Data & Technology Officer

Salary: $100,000 - $130,000

Civic Nation is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to support the Civic Nation Data and Analytics team. The position will report to the Chief Data & Technology Officer and will support our diverse programmatic initiatives by building new tools and supporting existing tools dedicated to expanding civic engagement amongst our most vulnerable citizens.

ABOUT CIVIC NATION

Civic Nation is a home for changemakers who inspire, educate, and activate people around the issues that will define this generation. We empower people to take on the biggest challenges of our time — strengthening democracy; foster civic engagement, social justice and voter participation; addressing public health crises; fighting for gender equity; and more.

Civic Nation drives real, meaningful change by shifting culture, systems, and policy. We organize at every level and serve as a connector — of people and programs, of grassroots activists and leaders of industries and organizations, of ideas and the resources to make them reality. Our goal is to empower individuals, companies, institutions, and organizations to create a more inclusive, equitable America.

YOUR IMPACT

  • Collaborate with departments and initiatives to design, develop and deliver robust cloud-based solutions.
  • Support our existing civic engagement suite and work to improve performance and usability.
  • Work closely with our design and organizing teams to implement user friendly designs for our tools and websites.
  • Update and improve our initiatives’ websites and add functionality where needed.

YOUR EXPERIENCE

  • 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
  • Experience or working knowledge of Python, Django, HTML, CSS, Javascript/TypeScript, React.js.
  • Fluency in Python, Django, HTML, CSS, Javascript/TypeScript, React.js.
  • Strong experience with SQL and PostgreSQL.

YOUR COMPETENCIES

  • Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming.
  • Experience with AWS.
  • Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
  • Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
  • Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.

SALARY & BENEFITS

The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $130,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefit plan includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees; generous paid time off; access to 401k plan, and more.

TO APPLY

Please go to civicnation.org/careers and submit a cover letter and resume below. The cover letter, addressed to Mo Maraqa, should be concise, compelling, and include what makes you the best fit for this role. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but candidates are encouraged to apply by August 27, 2021 for early consideration.

At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.