Storage protocols for digital media carriers

gilcar...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2021, 5:58:55 PMAug 31
to Digital Curation
Hello everyone,

I'm curious if others have (published or otherwise) policies on storage housings for digital media carriers for the medium/long-term. Looking specifically for best practices for optical media, floppy disks, external hard drives, USB thumb-drives, electronic components and NAS/RAID arrays. So far, I've found good advice on using Tyvek sleeves for optical discs and using static shielding bags for USB drives. I'm particularly interested in knowing how others are storing their digital media carriers for the medium term and best practices for packing external hard-drives on document boxes. Any suggestions, specially when considering voluminous collections, is appreciated.

Thanks so much,