Call for Comment and Open Meeting for the ePADD+ Project

Tricia Patterson

Apr 23, 2021, 2:43:17 PM4/23/21
to Digital Curation
* Apologies for cross-posting *

Please join the ePADD+ team for an open meeting on Thursday, May 13th from 11am-12:30pm Eastern Time to discuss the project, our functional requirements, and opportunities for community contribution prior to our beginning development.

The Integrating Preservation Functionality into ePADD project, or ePADD+ in brief, will integrate long-term email preservation functionality into Stanford University’s open-source email archiving software program, ePADD. The enhanced product will provide the digital archiving community with a tool comprehensively supporting the full email archiving lifecycle more robustly. ePADD+ is a collaborative project between Harvard University, the University of Manchester, and Stanford University to enhance our collective capacity to archivally acquire, process, preserve, and make available email collections. It is generously funded by the Email Archives: Building Capacity and Community (EA:BCC) re-grant program, administered by the University of Illinois with support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

The requirements for ePADD+ are now open for comment from the digital archiving community through Thursday, May 20, 2021.

We are also keen to build an ePADD+ testing user group and to gather community use cases to inform the requirements we have created for the new preservation module. Here are all the ways you can contribute to this project:

  • Attend the open meeting on Thursday, May 13 2021 from 11am-12:30pm Eastern Time:  REGISTER HERE

    • You will receive a calendar invitation with the link to join the meeting and an agenda will be distributed prior to the meeting.

  • Offer feedback on the ePADD+ functional requirements, open for public comment through 5/20/2021: https://bit.ly/2QIbuMD

  • Sign up to be in our ePADD+ user testing group, please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/ngN8tnNmF6E6WgBN6

  • Submit a use case for our consideration during development: https://forms.gle/WkVttgo4FvfMJNTXA

The full ePADD+ press release can be found here. For updates on the ePADD+ project:

Follow the #ePADD+ project on Twitter: @e_padd and @JessicaSmithCAA