Job Posting: Digital Archivist at Smith College

Christie Peterson

May 31, 2022, 4:18:49 PM5/31/22
to Digital Curation
Smith College Special Collections is recruiting for a digital archivist! The digital archivist will be joining a technical services team of five who are dedicated to preserving and providing access to three groups of materials: an internationally-known women’s history repository, the institutional archives of Smith College, and a strong rare books and literary manuscripts repository. The digital archivist will design workflows that support our shared work of stewarding digital content and be a leader in shaping our processes, including the implementation of a digital preservation system. As a department, we are committed to expanding pre-custodial work with creators, fostering a collaborative and supportive environment, and strengthening a feminist cultural practice in the workplace. Smith College offers a flexible hybrid-remote work program to help support the well-being and quality of life for Smith employees and the development of their careers.

The salary hiring range for this full-time, permanent position is $55,000–$70,000 per year, and review of applications will begin June 20, 2022.

Please email me with any questions about the position, or if you know of a candidate you think we should reach out to directly.

Sincerely,

Christie Peterson
Head of Technical Services for Special Collections