Senior Data Analyst -- Civic Nation

Anita Ebersole

Aug 23, 2021, 9:44:19 PMAug 23
to Digital Curation

Title: Senior Data Analyst

Department: Data & Analytics

Reports to: Chief Data & Technology Officer

Salary: $90,000 - $120,000

Civic Nation seeks a Senior Data Analyst to support the Data and Analytics team. This position will report to the Chief Data & Technology Officer and will support all parts of our organization; organizing data, analyzing trends and predicting outcomes, and working with our diverse programmatic initiatives to understand how insights can be used to improve program efficiency and success.

ABOUT CIVIC NATION

Civic Nation is a home for changemakers who inspire, educate, and activate people around the issues that will define this generation. We empower people to take on the biggest challenges of our time — strengthening democracy; foster civic engagement, social justice and voter participation; addressing public health crises; fighting for gender equity; and more.

Civic Nation drives real, meaningful change by shifting culture, systems, and policy. We organize at every level and serve as a connector — of people and programs, of grassroots activists and leaders of industries and organizations, of ideas and the resources to make them reality. Our goal is to empower individuals, companies, institutions, and organizations to create a more inclusive, equitable America.

YOUR IMPACT

  • Design and test randomized field experiments to help support our initiatives.
  • Transform raw data for analysis.
  • Identify areas for experimentation and improvement and propose strategic solutions.
  • Develop and manage the design, implementation and analysis of evaluation and survey processes.
  • Maintain and support development of Civic Nation’s suite of civic engagement tools and build new features.

YOUR EXPERIENCE

  • 2+ years of experience working in a data or analytics role, preferably with a nonprofit organization or political campaign.
  • A strong understanding of foundations of statistics and modeling (distributions, parameter estimation, confidence intervals and tests, etc.).
  • Experience building predictive models and designing randomized experiments.
  • Working knowledge of SQL, R and/or Python.
  • Experience in effectively communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally.

YOUR COMPETENCIES

  • Knowledge of GIS and experience in creating informative and engaging data visualizations using industry leading tools.
  • Experience with AWS.
  • Experience handling and cleaning large datasets, and build ETL pipelines.
  • Fluency in Python, R, SQL, and/or HTML/CSS/Javascript.
  • Knowledge of web frameworks (preferably Django or Flask).
  • The ability to create user interfaces for new products using frameworks such as Shiny or Django.

SALARY & BENEFITS

The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $120,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefit plan includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees; generous paid time off; access to 401k plan, and more.

TO APPLY

Please go to civicnation.org/careers and submit a cover letter and resume below. The cover letter, addressed to Mo Maraqa, should be concise, compelling, and include what makes you the best fit for this role. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but candidates are encouraged to apply by August 27, 2021 for early consideration.

At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.