Quarantine procedures and specs

Tammy Troup

Mar 30, 2021, 3:21:38 PM3/30/21
to Digital Curation
Hi everyone,

I’m writing a few user stories to justify a workstation request, and I wonder what type of quarantine workflows you have in place. Please forgive my ignorance.

TT

  • Do you have a dedicated station or do you use NAS?
  • Do you transfer one collection at a time to the dedicated station/NAS or do you use directories to organize multiple collections on a dedicated station/NAS? If it’s the latter, how do you keep track of which collection might be infected?
  • Can you share workstation specs? or let me know what you prioritized when you specced your machine?
  • WRT collections, How do you identify which collections might need to be quarantined? (size, age, media type, formats, other?)
  • Do you quarantine for a certain length of time (I see recommendations from 1 week to 1 month)? If so, how long?
  • How do you record transfer from your forensics workstation to your quarantine workstation to your processing station? (Persistent procedures, Inventory sheet, PREMIS within final record, other?)