Job Posting: Early Career Resident, Preservation (Librarian I)

jessic...@utoronto.ca

May 25, 2022, 3:20:28 PM5/25/22
to Digital Curation
The University of Toronto Libraries (UTL) is hiring an Early Career Resident, Preservation (Librarian I; contractually limited term appointment)

Open only to Black and/or Indigenous recent graduates (graduated no earlier than Spring 2021)

This position will be based in the Digital Preservation Unit. The resident will be working with me, Guinsly Mondesir from Scholars Portal, and Kyla Everall from Collections. Please feel free to write if you have questions or want to know more about the position or residency program.

These UTL early career residencies are new, so residents won't have a cohort of alumni to look to for advice. But, we have a good team here and we're big on supporting our early career colleagues. In terms of early career development, we offer professional expense and research allowance funds (min $2000/yr for early career), minimum 14 research days/year, lots of committee opportunities, generous colleagues who want to help you succeed, and the experience of working at the largest research institute in Canada. If you know a new Black or Indigenous graduate who is looking to get into preservation, please pass this on.

Thanks,

Jess