FORCE11 Conference: Submit Your Proposal by May 13th!

chod...@gmail.com

May 6, 2024, 9:08:19 PMMay 6
to Digital Curation

Dear colleagues,

The submission period for session proposals for the FORCE2024 conference will end on May 13th, 2024. This is a fantastic opportunity to share insights from your work and explore global perspectives on schol comms. We encourage you to submit your proposal today!

We are thrilled to announce that the conference will take place in-person at UCLA from August 1-3 in Los Angeles, CA, USA. This year's theme focuses on transforming scholarly communications at both local and global levels. We are looking for presentations that demonstrate community engagement and offer innovative approaches to scholarly research. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Research Techniques

- Sharing of research outputs (papers, data, software, etc.)

- Persistent identifiers and research graphs

- Innovations in peer review processes

- Research assessment and credit systems

- Research integrity

- Long-term preservation of research objects

- Applications of AI in research communication

- Addressing equity and diversity in research

- Other creative scholarly communication methods

We also seek presentations that actively engage the audience, whether through interactive elements, demonstrating the impact of your work, or making your session enjoyable and inclusive.

Additionally, we are offering scholarships to help cover travel and lodging expenses, particularly aimed at increasing participation from the Global South. Please apply for these by May 13th. Our Scholarship Committee will review applications soon after the deadline.

Also, don’t miss out on the FORCE11 Scholarly Communication Institute (FSCI 2024) held immediately before the FORCE11 conference, virtually online Monday 22 July to Friday 26 July, and in person at UCLA Monday 29 July to Wednesday 31 July. Check out the course list here.

Registration is now open for both FSCI 2024 and the FORCE11 2024 - we look forward to seeing you there!