seeking your insights on FRED forensic workstations and other equipment

David Tenenholtz

Jul 5, 2024, 1:05:36 PM (3 days ago) Jul 5
to Digital Curation
Hello everyone,

At my institution, we are currently evaluating options for a new iteration of our processing tools (both hardware and software), some of which are overdue for replacement. In an effort to establish benchmarks to guide our purchasing decisions, I would appreciate insights into the setups you have.
1. Are you utilizing a forensic workstation, such as the FRED or other FRED-variant products from Digital Intelligence?
2. For those with a FRED: Are you using it for everyday processing tasks? What are some advantages and disadvantages of employing a FRED? Additionally, are you running any artificial intelligence applications on a FRED, or using some other hardware for that purpose?
3. For those without a FRED: What are your essential hardware and software tools for accessioning and preparing content for long-term preservation?
4. What future enhancements or upgrades are you planning for your processing hardware and tools?

I'm eager to hear your replies. I will gladly compile answers and submit them back to this list. Thank you!

Kind regards,
David
--
David Tenenholtz, MA, MSIS