Job Posting: Metadata Archivist at Duke University Libraries

m.farre...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2022, 9:47:21 AM10/18/22
to Digital Curation

[Please excuse cross-postings]

The David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Duke University is recruiting for the role of Metadata Archivist.

Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, the Metadata Archivist provides leadership and coordination for creation, management, and maintenance of archival and digital collections metadata in the Rubenstein Library. Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and implement processing, preservation, and description guidelines for reformatted and born digital collections, including the representation and discovery of such materials across various Duke Libraries’ platforms. Prioritizes development and implementation of inclusive metadata and description projects and policies in support of RL’s Guiding Principles of Description.

A longer job description and instructions for how to apply may be found here: https://library.duke.edu/about/jobs/metadataarchivist

Please join us to learn more about the position and ask questions.  We are offering an information session over Zoom where we will share more information about the university, our library, and this position. No registration is needed - just click the link at the listed date and time.  This is in Eastern Standard Time. Participants can  login as anonymous, attendee names only seen by panelists.

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 1:00pm-1:30pm EST: https://duke.zoom.us/j/91799894653

I can also answer questions off-list over email.

best

farrell
--
[Matthew] Farrell
Digital Records Archivist and Digital Preservation Officer