Public URL for the certificate and certificate validation

Damir Korpar

Oct 16, 2013, 2:58:56 AM10/16/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

Is there a public url for the certificate (or my profile maybe) as proof of certification?
Also, how the certificate can be validated that it's not photoshopped?

Thanks in advance!

Morgan Price

Oct 16, 2013, 12:03:25 PM10/16/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I would really appreciate if Google did a public URL and also some kind of validation. These certificates are so easy to Photoshop!

Thanks for the course though guys it was great :)

Analytics Academy Course Staff

Oct 17, 2013, 3:31:08 AM10/17/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The certificate is Google's means of congratulating you for completing this course successfully; it recognizes your participation and efforts.

Katherine from the Analytics Academy Course Staff

Besim Ismaili

Oct 17, 2013, 5:07:18 AM10/17/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Same case here and the answe from Google is not Clear.

Besim Ismaili

Oct 17, 2013, 5:08:14 AM10/17/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Can we have public URL to Our certificate?

Bronwyn V

Oct 17, 2013, 7:07:25 AM10/17/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
I think public urls to certificates would cause quite a bit of confusion between this course and those that have sat and passed the Google Analtyics Individual Qualification (GAIQ)

Analytics Academy Course Staff

Oct 17, 2013, 2:38:32 PM10/17/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Thanks for starting up this discussion! We've heard from a lot of students that they'd like to have a public URL for their course certificates. This is a request that we will seriously take into consideration for future courses. For the time being, though, make sure you download your course certificate and save it since the course certificates will be inaccessible once the course closes.

Thanks again for the helpful feedback and congrats to everyone for completing the course!

Cheers,

Christina from the Analytics Academy Course Staff

J Kallstrom

Oct 17, 2013, 4:08:44 PM10/17/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Christina (and the rest of the Academy staff),

I agree with Whims and hope Google does not decrease the value of the GAIQ by making these classes into a GAIQ-lite. The class was very basic - I mean that in a good way, it covered the very important fundamental parts in a great way that I am sure many new users found very benificial! But a paper certificate to hang over your bed is enough... :-)

However, I hope you some day create an approved badge for the GAIQ! One is much, much needed to promote knowledgable individuals.

Thanks,
//J

Janet Hoover

Oct 21, 2013, 1:08:19 PM10/21/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Ditto! Have the same question - it's easily photoshopped! I'd like a badge type image that I can put on my site that links to the cert. :-)

Sue Ward

Oct 21, 2013, 2:32:08 PM10/21/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Christina - lots of us are having problems with the certificate -- only half is printing! Any ideas as to how we can resolve this issue??

Message has been deleted

Analytics Academy Course Staff

Oct 25, 2013, 9:00:29 AM10/25/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Janet and J,

The GAIQ exam will continue to be the industry recognized qualification for Google Analytics.

As it sounds like you're aware, Google does not offer a Google Analytics IQ badge. (And note that creating or displaying a Google Analytics IQ badge is a violation of Google's branding policies and may infringe Google's trademark rights. Just want to make sure I get that disclaimer out there :)

The procedure to prove you are qualified today is to take the GAIQ exam and publish a link to your test record as described in this blog post

Cheers, and congrats on completing the course!

Analytics Academy Course Staff

Oct 25, 2013, 9:00:56 AM10/25/13
to digital-analyti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sue,

There was an issue in Chrome that was resulting in only half of the course certificate printing. We have resolved this issue as of yesterday, so you should now be able to print the certificate directly from Chrome as well as any other browser.