GPS and log enties for lack of telnet access

12 views
Skip to first unread message

Scott

unread,
Sep 14, 2026, 9:58:43 AMSep 14
to DigiPi
This may have been asked before and if so my apologies. 

1) When I have DPi initialized I add GPS coordinates. I also have a GPS device with proper function (cgps -s)  If I move the DPi enclosure to another location will that automatically update my DPi position on APRS packets? 

2) My DPi failed and my SD card is unwritable I can not recover it no matter what I do. Fine. I used WeeWx to send weather packets and I also do NOT use internet connections with DPi on RF. I have noted in the past teh DW logs fill with unable to access APRS-IS messages constantly. Is there a switch or edit I can make to just stop that logging of failed telnet attempts? I do not not know if this is written to /run but I think it does and it could be causing harm. 

I have thank you stopped the messages from send-aprs-weather that is not the issue. My on going concern in DWolf. 

Thanks 

Scott Sheppard

Craig

unread,
Sep 14, 2026, 8:26:04 PMSep 14
to Scott, DigiPi
hey guys, I'm not sure I understand the question, but the
two things that use GPS are

  APRS GPS Tracker
  WebChat (enable gps location)

Everything else uses the coordinates/gridsquare you used during Initialization.

if it helps,
-craig
KM6LYW
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/2a2f6ac8-9545-489d-aa00-bc598a1549aan%40googlegroups.com.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages