DigiPi Documentation on Wiki

62 views
Skip to first unread message

Glenn Meader

unread,
Sep 25, 2026, 7:38:41 PM (10 days ago) Sep 25
to DigiPi
I added a bunch of new documentation on DigiPi in the Wiki at https://github.com/craigerl/digipi/wiki

Feel free to add/update/fix if you like.

Craig

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 5:48:33 PM (9 days ago) Sep 26
to Glenn Meader, DigiPi
Glenn - you are dominating!! thank you!  this is really amazing stuff,

   https://github.com/craigerl/digipi/wiki/DigiPi-Wiki

I had digipi.wiki for a while, but I let it go since it didn't get any traction.
The domain still exists, and I'm willing to buy it if you guys are into making
the wiki great(er).

thanks Glenn!

-craig
KM6LYW



On 9/25/26 16:38, Glenn Meader wrote:
I added a bunch of new documentation on DigiPi in the Wiki at https://github.com/craigerl/digipi/wiki

Feel free to add/update/fix if you like. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/a469d5c1-e368-4e9b-9b41-a708393e9f30n%40googlegroups.com.

Scott Sheppard

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 7:24:26 PM (9 days ago) Sep 26
to Craig, Glenn Meader, DigiPi
Hi 

I would like to add to the wiki I am long winded but detailed. 
To that end are these the  correct  steps?  if so I will update

When a Digipi is initialized one enters a grid square, Lat and Long (note use “-" in western hemisphere. I forget and end up in China). Once initialized, if you move the digipi then update your position for APRS and other functions. 


Enter shell
Sudo remount to make SD writable. 
Edit rc.local. 
Change Grid, Lat and Long to new values. Save file.
If you have gps running from shell “cgps” can show you your current position.  
On splash display user interface hit save configuration. 
Reboot the digipi. 

Are these steps correct?

Scott Sheppard
1702 Frazier Park Drive 
Decatur, GA 30033
KJ4ZZB Call Sign

Peter Busha WA1PB

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 7:45:22 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to DigiPi
I too would spend some time working on the parts I am most familiar with and the radios and connections I have used. 

I think having the domain is a great idea Craig!

Craig

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 7:58:36 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to Peter Busha WA1PB, DigiPi
maybe I can just get the domain digipi.wiki, and we link/href that to the
github wiki, at least for now.

cool,
-craig
KM6LYW

Scott Sheppard

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 8:19:16 PM (6 days ago) Sep 28
to Craig, Peter Busha WA1PB, DigiPi
A short note 

I have massive emcee disaster drill oct 1 Thursday and I am 100% focused on this so forgive me I will not work on wi ki till next week

I hope to deploy a portable weather station + APRS BGT and WBGT updates for this drill. 

I am having a hell of a time getting digipi + weewx working properly at the moment. 

I need a wiki on how to add a digipi1,2,3 etc DNS entry so that http://digipi1.local, http://digipi2.local etc. 
Hosts, Hostname  etc. 

Just a bit confused at the moment due to too many distractions. 

Thanks


Scott Sheppard
1702 Frazier Park Drive 
Decatur, GA 30033
KJ4ZZB Call Sign
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages