Some G90. DE19 Assistance

23 views
Skip to first unread message

Don Porter

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 12:21:45 PMSep 11
to DigiPi
I think I'm close but this is the setup:

G90 with the DE19 and digipi, 3B+

WSJTX working fine business:

/dev/ttyUSB0
19200
8,1,N low RTS
Rig 3085

Now, when I attempt aprs hf tnc/igate the rig goes into tx and stays there -

Thanks for your shared experience

Don Porter

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 12:58:45 PMSep 11
to DigiPi
Done..I edited loclize.env to RTS instead of 3085 and uncommented plughw in the .conf

Craig

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 2:18:36 PMSep 11
to Don Porter, DigiPi
Hey Don, I've never seen/used the DE19 data interface from Xiegu.

It's not supported by DigiPi, unless it's sufficiently similar to a digirig
or other interface?

I tried to read the instructions on amazon, but my Engrish is really
poor, it's not clear to me how it works on the inside.

Direwolf probably opens the serial port and asserts RTS signal
which maybe causes the DE19 to close PTT?

best,
-craig
KM6LYW
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/1bd4cc5e-4d44-4537-b9da-ec7c0a22f17dn%40googlegroups.com.

Craig

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 2:20:23 PMSep 11
to Don Porter, DigiPi
sweet - great work, so it's an RTS setup for sure, like DigiRig.   I'm
sure this will help other DE19 interface users!

Shuler Burton

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 6:02:47 PMSep 11
to Craig, Don Porter, DigiPi
I’ll try to do some usb packet sniffing. 
G106 and the digital interface on windows
Then move over to pi. I haven’t gotten Vara ac hf to work yet so will keep trying and post if I find something!  Thanks Craig! 
W4GIV Shuler SC

W4GIV
Shuler Burton
ARES Saluda County SC EC
HOIP: 104130

From: dig...@googlegroups.com <dig...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Craig <km6...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, 11 September 2026 14:18:30
To: Don Porter <donj...@gmail.com>; DigiPi <dig...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [DigiPi] Some G90. DE19 Assistance
 
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages