Small display

29 views
Skip to first unread message

Jorge Forero

unread,
Sep 16, 2026, 5:31:42 PMSep 16
to DigiPi
Hi Craig and the gang!
I bought this one from pishop.ca
I initialize with hdmi monitor and check small display.
At boot, with the hdmi monitor connected, the monitor works but the small display not.
At boot, without the hdmi monitor connected, the small display still blank.
Any suggestion is appreciated!

Jorge
VE3EAD

David Cottee

unread,
Sep 16, 2026, 6:52:13 PMSep 16
to Jorge Forero, DigiPi
I have that one too. Unfortunately it is incompatible with Digipi, and any PiOS from Bookworm on. Have to load special drivers to get it to work at all, but it is fun to play with. Have a look at the Waveshare website. It has the files and instructions to install. And a few examples. 
David VK2VJ

Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Sep 2026, at 7:31 am, Jorge Forero <yv6...@gmail.com> wrote:


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/7caaef78-bd53-4936-ac4a-206284ac97edn%40googlegroups.com.

Jorge Forero

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 9:54:37 AMSep 17
to David Cottee, DigiPi
Thanks for the tip David! 

Craig

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 10:01:22 AMSep 17
to Jorge Forero, David Cottee, DigiPi
it says "st7789" which digipi supports - no guarantees it's a legit implementation
however.  It wont display anything until after you Initialize and select "st7789 240x240"
and reboot.

Jorge Forero

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 1:59:32 PMSep 17
to DigiPi
Thanks Craig! I'll check the suggestion from David and then I will try a new initialization!

Jorge
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages