failed to start autohotspot.servic. when a valid ssid is in range

41 views
Skip to first unread message

Scott

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 5:20:08 PM (13 days ago) Sep 19
to DigiPi
Hello
I have commented before that I am having issues with Digipi locking up and my SD cards die. I now know that teh enclosure where I place my Pi is getting very hot and damming my PI and SD card so I will build some ventilation and try again. 

I loaded onto a R PI 3 B ver 1.2 using an SD with 2.1-3 img. When I boot the Pi I get an error 

failed to start autohotspot.servic. when a valid ssid is in range

I am observing this on an hdmi display. 

Any suggestions? 

I did check

Yes, the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B version 1.2 fully supports broadcasting a Wi-Fi hotspot. [1, 2]
Its built-in Broadcom BCM43438 wireless chip natively supports Access Point (AP) mode. This allows the Pi to act exactly like a traditional Wi-Fi router, accepting wireless incoming connections from devices like phones or laptops. [1, 2, 3, 4]
My next step is to regression to older releases of DpI

Thanks 

Scott SHeppard 

Craig

unread,
Sep 20, 2026, 10:49:06 AM (13 days ago) Sep 20
to Scott, DigiPi
Hi Scott,

The raspberry 3B is not supported (nor Zero,  nor 2A, or any single-core processor).

The 3B+ is supported, along with the Zero2W, 4, 5, 3A+, or any multi-core processor.

What you're seeing is expected.

if it helps,
-craig
KM6LYW
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/4eea1395-ff54-4a89-acbf-6c945d37b8d3n%40googlegroups.com.

David Cottee

unread,
Sep 20, 2026, 5:59:01 PM (12 days ago) Sep 20
to Craig, Scott, DigiPi
Curious.  My Model B has 4 cores.

David

IC7000.pdf
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages