DigiPi Add-Ons

50 views
Skip to first unread message

Ray Rounds

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 6:13:49 PMSep 11
to DigiPi
Point me to existing message(s) if they are out there.

I'd like to run other utility software like Pskreporter from inside DigiPi and also GridTracker along with wstj-x (they can exchange info). Is there are protocol for modifying program start scripts (other than "do it at your own risk")? I'm guessing next update I'll need to do some merging. 

73

K6RAX

Craig

unread,
Sep 12, 2026, 11:58:34 AMSep 12
to Ray Rounds, DigiPi
Hey Ray,

Hacking is encouraged, but if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces :)

after running "sudo remount" to make the SD card writeable, you can
then install software with apt, etc.

If you want to start something along side wsjtx, edit wsjtx.sh

Additional stuff could blow past the 512MB memory budget, so make
sure you have enough ram too.


cool,
-craig
KM6LYW
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/7ef03f61-70f6-4d4d-8f70-b52865dc052dn%40googlegroups.com.

Ray Rounds

unread,
Sep 12, 2026, 12:15:16 PMSep 12
to Craig, Ray Rounds, DigiPi
Awesome.   Thank you! See you at Zero Retries!

- Ray Rounds, K6RAX 

On Sep 12, 2026, at 8:58 AM, Craig <km6...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hey Ray,

Dave Perkins

unread,
Sep 13, 2026, 7:22:51 PMSep 13
to DigiPi
Hi Ray,

There is a guy that made an addon for Digipi. Its called "Digipi Plus". 
It was originally for 1.9 but does work with 2.0.  I am currently using it on 2.1-3.
You can pick and choose what you want to add on. I believe Gridtracker is in there.

I use it for my AX.25 packet node as it has a bunch of games. "Hamdashboard" is pretty neat too.
I would recommend trying it on a fresh microSD and seeing how you like it.  


73
Dave

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages