So I have a7" display what can I do with it

36 views
Skip to first unread message

Scott

unread,
Aug 31, 2026, 12:49:26 PMAug 31
to DigiPi
I have installed 2.2 Beta 7 thank you 
Oi 3+
DSI 7" display hot from Amazon
Installed with Dpi. 
I see the normal 'ScreeN' display but I would like to use it to interact with teh pi like shell, touch display bebop and so on.

Is this just a dimply for " screen" and nothing else? 

I hate to be stupid but I am.

Thanks

Scott 

Craig

unread,
Aug 31, 2026, 3:26:38 PMAug 31
to Scott, DigiPi
Hey Scott,

Any DSI display will work so long as the resolution is 800x480 (most common).

HDMI is fully supported with the 2.2-Beta7 image as well (720p minimum).

The IPS panels on those are amazing compared to the tft/gpio displays.

DigiPi doesn't leverage the touch aspect, not yet anyhow.

You can plugin a USB keyboard and login to the display (hit ctrl-alt-f2), I do
this if networking fails for some reason.

It sounds like you got it figured out!

I haven't heard many complaints about beta7 so that might become
v2.2 really soon - let me know if you see any show stoppers please!

cool,
-craig
KM6LYW
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/975f3874-9a18-4399-a257-1a29bc2327bdn%40googlegroups.com.

Scott

unread,
Aug 31, 2026, 6:31:25 PMAug 31
to DigiPi
Thank you Craig 

So far things are fine with Beta 7. 

I understand that the display is limited to SCREEN only for now. 

For the DSI display I would like to see MAP use the display and update station information as well as SCREEN. 
While we are moving to a lap top like or tablet specification here where I can use a 7" or 10" dsi display to both view informaiton and type / edit files my major concern is have information I need to use Digipi displayed on the DSI screen. 

For my needs I need to finds an enclosure that allows me to mount the DSI display + the attached R PI to the lid of an enclosure. That is a stand off of 1.5 to 2 inches to allow the assembly to be protected but act as a integrated display / eventually User Interface. 

I am happy to take this one step at a time. 

I do agree Beta 6 and 7 improved the display tremendously. 

Given other threads about memory and Pi Zero 2W availability I wonder how hard it would be to make two releases of DPi: 32 B with sub 512 Mb limit and 64 B with sub 1 GB limit (more flexibility and OS functions). At one point I used to deal with producing such releases but that was long ago in a galaxy far away, 

Scott 
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages