Connecting my phone via Bluetooth

13 views
Skip to first unread message

Randall Luebke

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 4:58:19 PMSep 15
to DigiPi
I was able to connect my laptop to my DigiPi via Bluetooth.  However, my iPhone nor my Android phone are visible.  Any ideas to connect them would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 5:06:19 PMSep 15
to Randall Luebke, DigiPi
Hi Randall,

I don't have Winlink Express here, but if it can connect to "network kiss tnc" the
Digipi parameters are

   hostname:  digipi.local
   port:  8001

If you want to connect over bluetooth, look for "bluetooth serial port" in winlink
express, if it exists?


On 9/15/26 13:58, Randall Luebke wrote:
I was able to connect my laptop to my DigiPi via Bluetooth.  However, my iPhone nor my Android phone are visible.  Any ideas to connect them would be greatly appreciated. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DigiPi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to digipi+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digipi/e1a35996-e41f-4c8e-aa49-7027769a10c3n%40googlegroups.com.

Randy Luebke

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 5:10:01 PMSep 15
to Craig, Randall Luebke, DigiPi
There’s no BT serial port. There is a TCP port. Would that work?


From: dig...@googlegroups.com <dig...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Craig <km6...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 15 September 2026 15:06:11
To: Randall Luebke <rand...@gmail.com>; DigiPi <dig...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [DigiPi] Connecting my phone via Bluetooth
 

Scott Currie

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 5:19:47 PMSep 15
to DigiPi
BT is not going to work with Winlink Express easily. You can connect over TCP on the WiFi side. Set up the packet parameters to connect to the DigiPi as KISS over TCP to talk to Direwolf. In my example below, I'm pointing to the IP of the DigiPi (which you can get from the display if you have one), but digipi.local may work too depending on how your network is set up:

Screenshot 2026-09-15 141145.png

For phone applications, WoAD may find the DigiPi over BT, but that will not work on iPhone. In both cases, I would again use WiFi. Direwolf advertises itself on the network, and RadioMail finds it easily on iOS. I believe the same is true with WoAD, but haven't tested that.

BT is not the best option.

-Scott, NS7C
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages