Manor/Flemming Micron digger

kevin lucas

Jun 24, 2020, 5:04:40 PM6/24/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I have a Manor Micron digger of which I would like to replace the bushes on the digging arm.
I am having trouble finding anyone who knows anything about these old machines.
All I know is the pins are 25mm dia. I haven't driven out the old bushes yet so I don't know the outside diameter.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

Jun 27, 2020, 12:20:17 PM6/27/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/diggers-dumpers-plant/bushes$20/diggers-dumpers-plant/iHo5UcZOAAw/lHsudrNPuvYJ
Taken from the above link.
"I had the pins and bushes made for my digger. It didn't cost much
about £35 as I recall.

The pins are 25mm steel and the bushes are made from a commonly used
nylon type material
."

I'm sure I've read that somewhere that a micron owner used 32mm MDPE water pipes as bushes temporarily, but they proved so good he didn't replace them, but I can't find the post.

thanks
Jon

kevin lucas

Jun 27, 2020, 1:42:39 PM6/27/20
to diggers-du...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon

Thanks for the email.
It's kind of spooky as I have literally just finished driving out one of the bushes from the digger, and then I get your message.
They are, as you say 25mm I/D x 32mm O/D. I have a feeling that one of the previous owners used the water pipe trick, as the bushes are exactly the same colour as some old 25mm pipe I have kicking around.
Now I know the size, I think I'll be going down the water pipe route as well as the old girl only gets used once in a while. Luckily I have enough 25mm steel rod lying about to replace any worn pins.
Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated.

Regards
Kevin

Sent from my Huawei phone

Jon

Jun 27, 2020, 5:37:05 PM6/27/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Glad I could help.
I would imagine a roll of pipe is definitely the cheapest route, and even if you replace it once a year a 10 meter roll will probably last longer than the digger!  Just remember the grease.

Good luck with it
Jon
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diggers-dumpers-plant+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

kevin lucas

Jul 25, 2020, 5:03:26 AM7/25/20
to diggers-du...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon
 Just thought I'd let you know, I tried the 25mm water pipe to replace the nylon bushes on my old Manor/Fleming Micron digger you suggested, It worked so well, I replaced all of them.
I've also renewed the 2 main greasable pins as they were worn. Now there is virtually no play on the main joints, the rams or the slewing ram, it's like a new digger.
I also now have enough material to replace the bushes quite frequently for the rest of its life (25m) it'll probably see me out.
So if there is anyone else out there with one of these old diggers with worn bushes, a roll of 25mm bore, 32mm o/d water pipe will do the job, £23 for a 25m roll.
Thanks again for your help Jon.
Kevin 👍