Powerfab filter

Jon

Jun 18, 2020, 6:09:22 PM6/18/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Hello
I just cleaned my hydraulic filter on my powerfab 125wt as I'm waiting for a replacement, I thought there maybe some value in a guide.

The filter is on top of the hydraulic oil tank see picture. As you unbolt the cap you will notice its under tension as the cap is putting a spring under load. Pressing down on the cap helps to finish taking the bolts out.

Remove the cap and you will see the cr30/3 filter. Pull it out and be ready to catch the oil spill.

I cleaned my filter with carb cleaner and compressed air. My thinking is carb cleaner is made to work with rubber seals in a carb so it should be OK if a small amount gets into the system. I recommend you to replace the filter, I did this just to keep me going.

You can see the difference made, I could see bits of seal from my leaking cylinder/ram trapped in the filter.

Replace the filter and cap o ring, which comes with a new filter. Again press down cap to tension the spring and tigten down the bolts finger tight, then slowly go round tensioning the bolts so you equally compress the o ring.

Done. It's my first time doing it but it's very straightforward.

Thanks
Jon

20200618_150434.jpg
20200618_150715.jpg
20200618_154428.jpg

c.du...@rogers.com

Jun 24, 2020, 5:04:40 PM6/24/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Hey Jon. Have u replaced any seals in the pistons. I need to rebuild a couple of mine and I’m looking for part number and a supplier.
Thanks

Jon

Jun 24, 2020, 7:40:04 PM6/24/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant

Yes I have and I'm about to do a guide.  The new seals arrive tomorrow,  I should have them fitted by Saturday.  I can give you all the details now, or would you like to wait for me to confirm they are all correct?

thanks
Jon

Louis Marsh

Sep 18, 2020, 2:37:56 AM9/18/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Hi Jon,

I would also be interested in the seals, please can you let me know if they fit. If they do please can you tell me where you got them from and part numbers etc. Much appreciated. Also you said you might write up the whole process. I'm keen to find out how the old hydraulic fluid is flushed out of the system, pipes, rams etc.

Louis

chris.se...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2020, 1:46:04 PM9/18/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Hi .

Looking back through posts I made some years ago I found a post about the piston seals for my WTD hopefully they may still be of help.

"I had to get a ram repaired a little while ago and as well as making a new rod for one of the arm cylinders they replaced the seals and supplied me with details in case I needed to order more what he wrote down for me was "5 piece  DM237175-075-125WO"  also  the number  175125-036E1 Single acting."

Chris