Fleming Micron Oil Cooler

Ndathi Kaniaru

Aug 8, 2022, 1:25:01 PM8/8/22
to diggers-dumpers-plant
I just purchased a fleming micron/ Manor digger. says GX on the side, it has an 11Hp Honda engine on it. it also an oil cooler.

Now i'm not so sure how the piping should be.  It seems it comes from the the filter into the oil cooler then exits to one of the spool valves (pic for attention). That means that only during the use of the external spool valves is when the oil is cooled but when operating using the bucket the oil cooler does not cool the oil as it does not  circulate and return back to the tank.

Is this how the original piping for the diggers that came with the oil cooler should be? does anyone with the same kind of digger have any pics of the piping so that i could compare with mine.

TIA
micron cooler.jpg
micron manor.jpg

Dombert

Aug 10, 2022, 8:10:17 AM8/10/22
to diggers-dumpers-plant
I don't know if this is helps, but this is the configuration on my Powerfab 125 WTD. It appears that the hydraulic oil cooler connects to a "box" with multiple pipe connections and the other pipe connects to the top of the hydraulic oil storage tank. My theory is that the cooler cools the return oil before it goes back into the storage tank. I am sure that someone will know better than I and confirm if this theory is true or is the same on the Micron.IMG_20220810_122927 scaled 1.jpgIMG_20220810_122807 scaled 1.jpgIMG_20220810_122820 scaled 1.jpgIMG_20220810_122829 scaled 1.jpgIMG_20220810_122909 scaled 1.jpg

Ndathi Kaniaru

Aug 11, 2022, 5:44:15 AM8/11/22
to diggers-du...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the prompt response, mine only has one hydraulic tank, so I think I could divert the low pressure pipe from the control valves into the oil cooler then back to the tank hopefully it would work. Not sure if the the male and female quick release valves on the back of my machine were stock.

Hoping more people with similar machines can contribute.

Dombert

Aug 11, 2022, 7:17:19 AM8/11/22
to diggers-dumpers-plant
The Powerfab only has 1 tank behind the hydraulic oil cooler with a level gauge on the side and top up filler cap under the seat. I don't know if that small box that the pipes run to is just a manifold, or if there is something else inside. Powerfab put a metal panel beside the oil cooler to attempt to keep the exhaust heat away as this is mounted right alongside.

At the age these machines are now and how many owners they have had, I would assume nothing regarding the fittings - then you wont be disappointed! My Powerfab has been fitted with a nice pair of 10 inch Minilite alloy wheels on the front hubs during its life.

Carl J

Aug 11, 2022, 7:40:26 AM8/11/22
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Hi,
I don't own one of these diggers, but the cooler in any hydraulic system should be placed in the low-pressure return side as this is where the fluid is hottest and so the cooler has the most effect, but before the filter as it is possible that the cooler may generate contaminates over time.
The pump will feed directly from the tank, as putting a filter or cooler in line there risks cavitation and pump damage.
There are pictures in the catalogue on Oilyhands of a Fleming with accessory connectors, so yours are possibly factory fitted.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Carl

Ndathi Kaniaru

Aug 12, 2022, 1:20:10 PM8/12/22
to diggers-du...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the advise. I wish there was a piping diagram it would answer all this questions. It's true it could have been changed during its life.

Did all the micron manor diggers that came with the oil cooler also came with the additional control labeled (P)

Does the (P) mean PTO?