search.search not returning all results

Marcelo

Nov 12, 2010, 3:33:13 PM11/12/10
to Digg API, mar...@inmeta.com.br
Hi,

I've just come across a problem with the search API that I don't
understand. A search for RBS TV in the Digg search bar returns 4
results (but only displays 3?).

However, performing the same search on the Search API, even unquoted,
will return 0 results. Is there a reason for that? Is there something
I can do?

Here are the search URLs.

http://digg.com/search?q=%22RBS+TV%22
http://services.digg.com/2.0/search.search?query=RBS+TV

Thanks in advance.

Smith

Nov 16, 2010, 2:59:59 AM11/16/10
to Digg API
Also I have a question. Why its response fromat is diffrent from other
story response?

Marcelo

Nov 17, 2010, 11:14:10 AM11/17/10
to Digg API

Scott @ Digg

Nov 17, 2010, 12:37:26 PM11/17/10
to Digg API
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The website is now using
a new search endpoint that is designed to find more relevant results
and to allow for more common searching abilities. I have not yet
ported the API to this new endpoint as the API. That is why the
results do not match, yet.

timwhunt

Nov 17, 2010, 4:16:22 PM11/17/10
to Digg API
Any rough ETA on getting that new search ported to the API?

Marcelo

Nov 17, 2010, 5:46:21 PM11/17/10
to Digg API
Thanks a lot for looking it up, Scott :)

I'd appreciate if you could give me an ETA as well.

Scott @ Digg

Nov 24, 2010, 6:48:44 PM11/24/10
to Digg API
Soon :-D. Probably just after the holiday.

Will

Dec 1, 2010, 7:18:12 PM12/1/10
to Digg API
Hi all,

Scott's fixes are currently being deployed. They should be reflected
in /2.0/search.search results in production in about 1-2 hours.

Thanks and let us know if you find any other issues!

Will