Top or Not to Top

Jerry James Stone

Nov 23, 2010, 11:11:42 PM11/23/10
to dig...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I am trying to figure out the difference between the website and the API. For example, I often see stories that are both in Upcoming and in Top News but right now I have this weirdo. It is in Upcoming still but the API says it is in Top: http://digg.com/news/science/sea_slug_steals_genes_from_algae_becomes_solar_powered

The API shows this: top (since 2010-11-24 03:06:11)

This one (http://digg.com/news/science/500th_alien_planet_discovered_with_hundreds_more_to_come) shows up in both Upcoming and Top but the API says top (since 2010-11-24 04:04:38).

The tool I have tracking this is letting publishers know if something was promoted but this makes it hard to give them a straight answer.

Jerry

Scott @ Digg

Nov 24, 2010, 6:49:47 PM11/24/10
to Digg API
This is because we are in the middle of a switch in algorithms. This
will be remedied on the API this week.

On Nov 23, 8:11 pm, Jerry James Stone <m...@jerryjamesstone.com>
wrote:
> Okay, I am trying to figure out the difference between the website and the
> API. For example, I often see stories that are both in Upcoming and in Top
> News but right now I have this weirdo. It is in Upcoming still but the API
> says it is in Top:http://digg.com/news/science/sea_slug_steals_genes_from_algae_becomes...
>
> The API shows this: *top* (since 2010-11-24 03:06:11)
>
> This one (http://digg.com/news/science/500th_alien_planet_discovered_with_hundr...)
> shows up in both Upcoming and Top but the API says *top* (since 2010-11-24

Jerry James Stone

Nov 24, 2010, 7:46:15 PM11/24/10
to dig...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the answer

Will

Nov 27, 2010, 12:31:23 PM11/27/10
to Digg API
Scott's above-mentioned fix was just deployed, so the results should
start to looking consistent over the next hour.

-Will

On Nov 24, 4:46 pm, Jerry James Stone <m...@jerryjamesstone.com>
wrote:
> Thank you for the answer