Digg Count of URL

Devin Thayer

Dec 19, 2010, 9:22:45 PM12/19/10
to Digg API
Just wondering if there is a way to display multiple Digg counts by
URL on a single page. I'm trying to make a manual submission tool
that tracks favorite blogs by RSS and displays if they have been
submitted to Digg yet. I have RSS feed watchers, but none of them
tell me how many Diggs they've already received, so it's a beach to
open a ton of windows and find out.

Just trying to make a simple javascript tool to aid in submissions.
If there isn't a way, I can just make multiple iframes of the counter
button... but it wouldn't be as cool and dynamic.

Scott @ Digg

Dec 20, 2010, 11:25:52 AM12/20/10
to Digg API
Hit widgets.digg.com/buttons/count with param 'url' which is the
urlencoded 'url' that you are checking. Something like this:
http://widgets.digg.com/buttons/count?url=http%3A//example.com/post/12345/

Devin Thayer

Dec 21, 2010, 10:19:03 PM12/21/10
to dig...@googlegroups.com
Perfect!  Thanks!

MarkM

Dec 23, 2010, 8:43:19 AM12/23/10
to Digg API
Scott @ Digg,

Is there any way to stack multiple URLs into a single request using a
method like that? So you'd get something back that looks like this -

__DBW.collectDiggs({"url": "http://example.com/post/12345/", "diggs":
0});
__DBW.collectDiggs({"url": "http://example.com/post/12346/", "diggs":
0});
__DBW.collectDiggs({"url": "http://example.com/post/12347/", "diggs":
0});

-Mark

On Dec 21, 11:19 pm, Devin Thayer <devintha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perfect!  Thanks!
>
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Scott @ Digg <sdrreyno...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hit widgets.digg.com/buttons/count with param 'url' which is the
> > urlencoded 'url' that you are checking. Something like this:
> >http://widgets.digg.com/buttons/count?url=http%3A//example.com/post/1...
>
> > On Dec 19, 6:22 pm, Devin Thayer <devintha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just wondering if there is a way to display multiple Digg counts by
> > > URL on a single page.  I'm trying to make a manual submission tool
> > > that tracks favorite blogs by RSS and displays if they have been
> > > submitted to Digg yet.  I have RSS feed watchers, but none of them
> > > tell me how many Diggs they've already received, so it's a beach to
> > > open a ton of windows and find out.
>
> > > Just trying to make a simple javascript tool to aid in submissions.
> > > If there isn't a way, I can just make multiple iframes of the counter
> > > button...  but it wouldn't be as cool and dynamic.
>
> > --
> > .

Scott @ Digg

Dec 23, 2010, 10:44:36 AM12/23/10
to Digg API
Not currently, I have seen other sites do this however

MarkM

Dec 23, 2010, 11:33:16 AM12/23/10
to Digg API
Thanks, Scott.