digg.hasDugg

LtGenPanda

Dec 9, 2010, 1:17:19 PM12/9/10
to Digg API
Will, the hasDugg method only takes story_ids, can it also take
ctitles and links (just like how story.getInfo takes)?

Also, can more information be packed in the return, ie., to keep a
story listing upto date, a getInfo is needed and then a hasDugg is
needed to see if the user has dugg story, is hasDugg bundles the info
given by getInfo as well, it will reduce the need for additional
calls.

Thanks!

Will

Dec 9, 2010, 5:21:48 PM12/9/10
to Digg API
These are good suggestions. We should have them implemented in the
next couple of days.

Thanks,
Will

Will

Dec 9, 2010, 7:09:40 PM12/9/10
to Digg API
Hi LtGenPanda,

First, apologies because I slightly changed the format of the response
type for this endpoint. I only broke convention as it is extremely new
and I believe you are the only person using it thus far and I am
changing it at your behest. The change is that "stories" now points to
a list of the stories and the data previous at "stories" (a dictionary
of story_id to booleans) is at "dugg". Second, the two changes are
finished and should be live on services.digg.com in the next 2 hours.

New response looks like:

{
"count": 1,
"dugg": {
"20101209102438:fffa7bc3-f5e4-4036-a071-fe98fa3f33fe": false
},
"timestamp": 1291934933,
"cursor": "",
"version": "2.0",
"stories": [
{
"status": "top",
england_bowling_options_strong_prior",
"description": "England's Matt Prior believes any of the
seamers in the squad can ably step in for the injured Stuart Broad and
adds that team unity has been the key to the tourists' success.",
"title": "England bowling options strong - Prior",
"url": "http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/
9270688.stm",
"story_id": "20101209102438:fffa7bc3-f5e4-4036-a071-
fe98fa3f33fe",
"diggs": 332,
"submiter": null,
"comments": 0,
"dugg": 0,
"topic": {
"clean_name": "sports",
"name": "Sports"
},
"promote_date": 1291934419,
"activity": [],
"date_created": 1291890275,
"thumbnails": {
"large": "http://cdn2.diggstatic.com/story/
england_bowling_options_strong_prior/l.png",
"small": "http://cdn1.diggstatic.com/story/
england_bowling_options_strong_prior/s.png",
"medium": "http://cdn1.diggstatic.com/story/
england_bowling_options_strong_prior/m.png",
"thumb": "http://cdn1.diggstatic.com/story/
england_bowling_options_strong_prior/t.png"
}
}
],
"authorized": "0",
"data": "stories",
"method": "digg.hasDugg",
"user": {
"username": "lethain",
"about": "Software developer 12345543d",
"user_id": "1659849",
"name": "Will",
"icons": [
"http://cdn3.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/c.png",
"http://cdn3.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/h.png",
"http://cdn3.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/m.png",
"http://cdn3.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/l.png",
"http://cdn3.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/p.png",
"http://cdn3.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/s.png",
"http://cdn2.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/r.png"
],
"gender": "m",
"diggs": 872,
"comments": 36,
"followers": 49,
"location": "San Francisco2",
"following": 125,
"submissions": 47,
"icon": "http://cdn2.diggstatic.com/user/1659849/p.png"

LtGenPanda

Dec 10, 2010, 4:19:34 PM12/10/10
to Digg API
Hi Will,

Thanks very much, this method satisfies the requirements I have. I am
unable to test this today, but if I find any problems with it, will
let you know.

Once again, you have been extremely active in this forum for the past
few weeks and are doing changes in a great speed. And my sincere
opinion is, with dedicated staff like you, digg will soon at least be
back to where it was. Great job!

--------------------------------------
One side note: does not matter to me, but then the upcoming is
bleeding with problems. Updates are so sporadic, even the once in 10
minutes filtered updates do not happen.
-------------------------------------

Thanks

Panda

Will

Dec 10, 2010, 4:24:21 PM12/10/10
to Digg API
Agreed about upcoming. We're actively working on improving
discoverability, and part of that has to be improvements to the
current upcoming experience.

Thanks,
Will

Will