Problem with python API

Konium Koproskylum

Oct 2, 2010, 11:14:15 AM10/2/10
to Digg API
Hello,

I try to fetch some data via the version 2 of Digg's API using python.
I downloaded the python-digg module and installed it. The version 1
works fine (although I couldn't find a way to fetch more than 50,say,
stories). But when I try version 2 (that is "from digg.api import
Digg2"), even on the simplest examples i am getting

"urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 104] Connection reset by
peer>"

What am I doing wrong?

joshontheweb

Oct 6, 2010, 6:19:06 PM10/6/10
to Digg API
I am having the exact same problem. At first I thought it was a
temporary problem due to diggs instability after their digg 4 launch,
but it has been broken for a few weeks now. Has something about the
api changed?

On Oct 2, 8:14 am, Konium Koproskylum <santos.konior...@gmail.com>

Jeff Hodsdon

Oct 6, 2010, 6:56:41 PM10/6/10
to dig...@googlegroups.com
Hey Konium,

Where did you download python-digg from?

-jeff

Konium Koproskylum

Oct 7, 2010, 7:11:07 PM10/7/10
to Digg API
From http://github.com/synack/python-digg. I found it in the python
section in digg.com, yet I've just noticed that there is a difference
at the versions. I've installed 1.2 instead of 1.1.. I will check if
this causes the problem. (which i don't think so)

On Oct 7, 1:56 am, Jeff Hodsdon <j...@digg.com> wrote:
> Hey Konium,
>
> Where did you download python-digg from?
>
> -jeff
>
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Konium Koproskylum

Charl van Niekerk

Oct 26, 2010, 3:21:39 PM10/26/10
to Digg API
Stumbled across the same library and am having exactly the same
problem - it seems like it was written by Jeremy Grosser who
apparently works at Digg - is this an officially supported API?

dexity

Nov 19, 2010, 8:47:14 PM11/19/10
to Digg API
There is a small bug in Digg API version 2 (python-digg-1.2):

[api.py]
class Digg2(DiggCall):
"Client for V2 of Digg API."
def __init__(self, endpoint='http://services.new.digg.com/2.0/',
methodname='', user_agent='python-digg/0.1', oauth_consumer=None,
cache=None):

You should replace "http://services.new.digg.com/2.0/" by "http://
services.digg.com/2.0/" and reinstall python-digg-1.2 package. Let me
know if it helps.

Alex