getComments questions

Pete Callaway

Jan 3, 2011, 4:25:32 AM1/3/11
to Digg API
Hi and happy new year all.

I'm trying to re-integrate comments back into my app but have come up
against a couple of issues with the 2.0 API.

Firstly calls to story.getComments seem to return duplicate comments.
For example if 20 comments are returned for a story, there will be 10
comments repeated twice. Is this an error with the API?

Also, in the 1.0 API, you would get a list of comments with
story.getComments and replies for each would be fetched with a call to
comment.getReplies passing the comment ID. In 2.0, it looks like some
of the replies are supplied in the call to story.getComments, tied
together by a thread ID. Does that mean the comment.getReplies method
is redundant? Will all replies be returned in this call?

Cheers
Pete

Pete Callaway

Feb 2, 2011, 3:59:00 PM2/2/11
to Digg API
Hi

Is there anyone from Digg who could respond to this one? Even just to
say "it's broke"?

If it helps, an example request that shows doubled comments is
http://services.digg.com/2.0/story.getComments?story_id=20110201185027:d8be795c-6a5a-4bb0-93e2-682779fb5ecc&order=asc

Cheers
Pete

Will Larson

Feb 2, 2011, 4:03:14 PM2/2/11
to dig...@googlegroups.com
That's bewildering. I'll take a look and get back to you shortly!

Thanks,
Will

Pete Callaway

Feb 27, 2011, 8:33:03 AM2/27/11
to Digg API
Hi Will

Any thoughts on this or my other questions?

Cheers
Pete

On Feb 2, 9:03 pm, Will Larson <wlar...@digg.com> wrote:
> That's bewildering. I'll take a look and get back to you shortly!
>
> Thanks,
> Will
>

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Pete Callaway <pete.calla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > Is there anyone from Digg who could respond to this one? Even just to
> > say "it's broke"?
>
> > If it helps, an example request that shows doubled comments is
> >http://services.digg.com/2.0/story.getComments?story_id=2011020118502...

Smith

Mar 20, 2011, 6:50:06 AM3/20/11
to Digg API
So many days pass, but this bug wasn't fix. why?

And what the correct param to pass to the "sort" and "order"?

Pete Callaway

May 2, 2011, 3:25:19 PM5/2/11
to Digg API
Hi

Any updates on the issue with getting a story's comments? While it
looks like the duplicates issue has been resolved, I can't get any
more than the first result set. Including a cursor in the request
returns an empty results set.

For example, this will get the first comments for a story:
http://services.digg.com/2.0/story.getComments?story_id=20110502160255:d5943e71-8521-4670-b81e-acffd298e0a6&order=asc

If I then include the id of the last retrieved comment as a cursor
value, no comments are returned even though the story has over 200:
http://services.digg.com/2.0/story.getComments?story_id=20110502160255:d5943e71-8521-4670-b81e-acffd298e0a6&order=asc&cursor=20110502191424:7b1938ba0a2049c090bcf52ea7e917e3

Also, to repeat an earlier question, how should the thread_id value be
used?

Cheers
Pete