Password for digDB

quake3god2004

Mar 28, 2005, 10:54:58 AM3/28/05
to di...@googlegroups.com
I see that the author of digDB has changed the password for digDB so
'a0b1c2d3c2b1a0' will not work with the latest download from the site.
Rather than posting the password every time he changes it, causing a
cat-and-mouse effect, if you need the password for digDB then ask me in
here and I'll find out what it is. Or you can send me a private
message and I can help you out further.

By the way, has anyone added in personal macro's into the add-in or
changed some of the functions around to better suit their needs? It's
a shame that personalization is so difficult on software like this, but
hopefully places like this make it a little easier.

DigDB Support

Mar 28, 2005, 12:49:40 PM3/28/05
to di...@googlegroups.com
Hi, quake3god2004:

I am the author of DigDB, my name is Weizhen.

I don't quite understand the rationale in your message. DigDB is not a
corporation like Microsoft or Apple. Instead, it's a programmer's work
and life.

Why would you give the password to someone you don't even know? You
know most of the Excel users are in big corporations and you are
helping the corporation to rob a programmer. What's your rationale for
doing this?

You are already benefiting from accessing the source code and modifying
it for your job. In other words, you already benefited from this
programmer's labor, and your payback is only to hurt his work and life.

VBA's password protection is not hard to get around. Everybody knows
that. What's hard is to build a product and sell it.

My hope is that techinical people are more reasonable and do things in
a reasonable way. Note that I am not saying ethical or legal - just be
reasonable, is that too much to ask from you?

If you are reasonable, then I kindly ask you to delete this post. You
are already benefiting from my work, why hurt me? Why help people you
don't know or help those corporations to save their cost?

Regards,
Weizhen

quake3god2004

Mar 28, 2005, 1:44:04 PM3/28/05
to di...@googlegroups.com
My goal is for people to be able to customize the program to their
needs. I want people to change it around and not be dependent on a
fixed code. I'm sure the people using your program would want to tweak
it to their needs, so why not let them customize the functions but
still keep certain functions locked (like the license portion)? If
there's something someone could add to make the code faster, why
prevent them from changing it? You mentioned the fact that your
program is not open source. Microsoft is also closed-source and I'm a
firm believer that if they made it open-source, the programming
communities would make it a lot better than it is today.

If you're worried about losing business, you shouldn't be. The
majority of the people who would want the password probably want to
change something around. I've looked at the code in detail and unless
the person is a programmer, they wouldn't be able to 'crack' it with
just the password anyway. And for the people who do want to crack the
program, they certainly wouldn't need this site because, like you said,
VBA is not hard to get around.

moh1...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 7:51:47 PM5/1/14
to di...@googlegroups.com, quake3...@gmail.com
Hi ,

I am programmer in Kirkuk - Iraq working in Kirkuk General Hospital , I have a very big quantity of data need to process but this program Digdb keep closing every 15 days , and needs internet link , I have to format my PC every time I need to work on data for nearly 8000 name of employes all over kirkuk , can you please help with the password or crack for it .

Thank you

Eng. Mohammed Fadil
Kirkuk - Iraq