DigDB 7.1.3.3 Password Info...

quake3god2004

Sep 6, 2007, 8:34:39 PM9/6/07
to digDB Excel Add-In Information
Since I've been getting several emails of how to unlock DigDB 7.1.3.3,
I've decided to make another post on this site, after being dormant
for several years. I'll get right down to it...

In version 7.1.2 of DigDB...
There was an .xla and .xls file. The .xls file, when opened, gave you
a violation error and closed down (if you have your macro security on
high). The .xla file is NOT what you want to open. You want to open
the .xls file. So change your Macro security to 'low' and open
the .xls file again. Open the VB macro editor and use the password
"2Y7R". This will unlock the code for you and with a little VB
knowledge, you should be able to unlock all the goodies.

In version 7.1.3 of DigDB...
There is only a .xls file. The password this time is "Y6T". So open
the VB editor, unlock the code, and go nuts!

Cheers! : - )

quake3god2004

Sep 10, 2007, 8:38:31 PM9/10/07
to digDB Excel Add-In Information
UPDATE: Here's some important info that I just found out:
After some further probing, looks like the program I'm using to crack
this isn't just grabbing the password, but converting it first, and
after the conversion, THEN I'm able to crack it. Here are the steps I
took:

1) Install digdb
2) Run VBA Key (Passware Cracking Program) - Point it to run against
the .xla file
3) The VBA Key program automatically converts the add-in and saves it
to a .xls file
4) Run the VBA Key program again, but this time against the .xls file
- This generates the password "Y6T" for version 7.1.3
5) Open the .xls file and unlock the VB codes with the "Y6T" password.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the .xla and the .xls and
how the program converted it, but atleast we know :)