PDFgetX3 vs PDFgetS3

Daniel Moran

Jun 16, 2024, 8:17:33 PMJun 16
to diffpy-users
Dear all,

I want to obtain PDF curves for my raw data, however I am doing small angle x-ray scattering experiments (in situ) and not XRD. The PDFgetS3 package requires the user to input the form factor, P(Q), curves. What happens if one does not have the P(Q) data. Can I use the pdfgetx3 package for SAS data?

Thank you
-Daniel Moran

PHD Student
The University of Texas at El Paso

Simon Billinge

Jun 17, 2024, 7:23:44 AMJun 17
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniel, the form factor depends on the shapr of the objects that are packing.  Are they spherical? what is their size? and so on.   For example, if they are particles, the best is to get it by measuring a dilute suspension of the particles, but you could also use a theoretically calculated one that is appropriate.

Simon Billinge
Professor,
Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics
Columbia University