‘Separately refine multiple phases in one script’

Sarah Thoma

Jan 12, 2022, 6:25:15 AM1/12/22
to diffpy-users

Dear all,

I want to perform PDF refinements of different phases on the same data but want to store all results in one array, so throughout the script I need to switch the phase.

However, I feel like when I add a second phase using cpdf.addStructure('x0', x0) where x0 is my structure for instance, then the constraints on my initial phase (e.g. x1) remain. I assumed this is the case because when I check the list of constraints in the thefit.show() command I see the refined parameters (e.g. U11_0) on both cpdf.x1.phase… atoms and cpdf.x0.phase… atoms. Correct if I am wrong making this assumption.

So I have the impression that when I perform a refinement the U11_0 for both phases would be refined as the same value for both phases simultaneously instead of giving me two distinct U11_0 values.

The same situation remains even after I individually deleted all variables (e.g. U11_0) using thefit.delVar(thefit.U11_0) for instance. And same thing when I used cpdf.x1.phase.clearConstraints().

How can I make sure I start a completely new set of refinements where the x1 structure plays no role and all my output parameters are solemnly contstraints on x0?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Sarah

Mikkel Juelsholt

Jan 19, 2022, 11:47:32 AM1/19/22
to diffpy-users
Hi Sarah

Could you show us your diffpy script? It likely depend on how you assign the different parameters.

Best regards Mikkel