PDFgetX3 correction factors.

ali dordaee

Mar 14, 2021, 6:04:36 AMMar 14
to diffpy-users
 Dear all;
 I was thinking on whether PDFgetX3 applies any corrections on the input data and based on the book "Underneath the Bragg Peaks: Structural Analysis of Complex Materials" and some other articles, the intensity must be cleaned from background and also corrected for polarization factor.

 I tested it with my data and when I applied polarization factor on my intensities, converted them to G(r) and refined, rw values increased very much and fit parameters changed slightly compared with I already had without polarization factor.

 My main question lies here:
 How does pdfgetx correct for polarization of x rays and also background etc.?

 Thanks in advance for any help.